Saturday, January 5, 2013

The Holidays

Tim and I had a great holiday season this year.  For Christmas, we flew to Houston to be with all of Tim's family.  It was a blast!  We made gingerbread houses, drank hot chocolate, played Christmas light scavenger hunt, watched movies, and Bridger got to know his new cousins and family.  The weather was amazing; I needed to see the sun and blue sky.  I am lame and forgot my camera, so here are a few shots taken from my phone:
Bridger is playing with his cousin Philip's toys and loving it!
Bridger loves his aunt Lori.
 
On Christmas Eve, we had just about fallen asleep when Tim woke up in a panic because we had forgotten to bring our stockings or anything to put in them.  He was about to throw on some pants and head out to Walmart when we stopped ourselves and realized that a-we didn't have money to buy "stuff" that we didn't really need and b - that Christmas wasn't about stockings.  Instead, we decided to start a new tradition.  We made our stockings out of wrapping paper and inside, we wrote three (we've had three Christmas' together) things we loved about eachother and three things we loved about Bridger.  It was kind of cool to open those on Christmas morning and I hope we can do this every year from now on.
I got Tim an electric toothbrush - he was thrilled.
The only picture we could get of Bridger on the plane was him asleep.  We had our hands full with him awake.
 
A few days after we got home from Texas, we drove down to St. George to see my family.  We went for walks, ate yummy food, shopped, saw a movie, and just relaxed. 
We got to see Ryan play his basketball game against Hurricane.  He played amazingly.  Bridger was focused in the entire time.
Lance headed back to BYU-Idaho to the freezing cold weather.  It was fun to hang out with him for a couple of days.
It is so fun to have my grandparents living in St. George for the winter.  They were so sweet to help watch Bridger while Tim and I ran some errands.
Bridger and my dad have a special little bond. 

2 comments:

  1. Happy that you posted! I'm so glad you had a fun time in Texas. That baby is too precious. Can't believe how huge he is! Sure wish I could have seen him and YOU in person. Hopefully soon. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even hear about the stockings until reading this...What a cool new tradition! We enjoyed having you here with us for a few days. Bridger grows by leaps and bounds between each visit!

    ReplyDelete