Saturday, January 19, 2013

Needing a Hobby

 
Now that I stay home to take care of sweet cheeks Bridger, I am starting to think I need a hobby.  One can only watch Sense and Sensibility so many times.  This leads me to my next question - what can I enjoy doing while watching my son (that is also indoors and cheap)?   I love to play the piano but I don't have a piano and let's be honest, I play for a few minutes and realize how awful I sound, then stop.  I am trying to be a better cook but what I really love is baking (not good).  Plus, I'm starting to lose my zeal for cooking, considering it takes preparation and lots of clean up afterward.  I want a good book and a good workout  video.  I am on the lookout!

Next, Tim got his first semester grades back - he did great (we were both a little surprised).  We are so happy to be in Provo, even in the freezing cold.  We love BYU and all the memories we've made here.  Bridger is definitely a BYU baby and I wouldn't have it any other way.
This is Bridger's sad/angry face; his tears are huge.
 

3 comments:

  1. Learn to play the ukulele! I'm dead serious. It's the best hobby ever. You can guy a new ukulele on Amazon.com for about $30. There are tons of great websites that have all of the sheet music completely free, and tons of youtube tutorials that help you learn songs. You can get really good in about a month. Because there are only four strings, it doesn't take a lot of dexterity or fancy finger work. It's portable, so you can travel with it. I've been playing for two or three months now and I absolutely love it. Play the uke!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh, those big alligator tears break a grandma's heart! Seriously, he's about the cutest 5 month old alive! He's going to be crawling before you know it. And CONGRATULATIONS to Tim and YOU on those grades - seriously good work! As for a hobby...
    so many options. Reading, writing, crafting, photography, tutoring, letter writing, family history, ... Above all don't try to find the expected perfect. Just do what you enjoy and find joy every day. No expectations. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved catching up on your life! It amazes me that I am not at your place visiting since you live so close! LAME! That baby of yours is really beautiful! Thrilled/jealous that you are LOOKING for a hobby, but such is life. As far as workout videos go, you know I LOVE turbo jam/turbo fire for some intense cardio, but I have recently stumbled upon a video that my old roommate did and SHE LOVES IT! It's a walking video called, "Walk Away the Pounds" and it's like 5 bucks or less on amazon. It's great cardio along with maybe Jillian Michaels yoga and you'd be feeling good. :) Good books are The Pioneer Woman (which you might have read), Heaven is Here by Stephanie Nielson, Gone Girl (intense thriller), and if you want history books then text me and my Dad will have a list for you to choose from so fast it'll make your head spin. :) Other than that, Becky had good ideas for some hobbies. Making blog books or online books about Bridger's life is also fun and time consuming. Ha...Okay, I am done. Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete