Sunday, January 13, 2013

5 months

My baby is five months!  Here are a few things about Bridger's five-month old self:
 
  1. He is sitting up all by himself!  On the other hand, he still can't roll onto his stomach.  I guess he never liked tummy time, but now I can't even make him stay on his stomach because he will just roll onto his back
  2. Bridger is full swing in the attachment phase.  Every time I leave the room, he bursts into tears. 
  3. It is getting much easier to take him places.  Yes, he still hates his carseat but instead of crying hysterically, he just yells every few minutes.
  4. Bridger grabs everything, especially my hair, and his grip is iron.  I have been seriously considering cutting my hair all off but Tim gives me this mortified look every time I bring it up, so I will just have to keep pulling out the strands from Bridger's death grip.
  5. His drool is unending.  How does one person have so much fluid in their mouth?
 
I feel like with each passing month, I am becoming more content with motherhood. Bridger is mostly one happy baby and it is so fun to play with him, to watch him laugh and be silly with me.  I still feel tired all the time and I don't dress up as often (probably because STILL nothing fits), but I am pretty content and happy with life. It is crazy to think that my mom was pregnant with me when Paige was this age.  I remember her saying once (or twice) that she cried when she found out she was pregnant again.  Well, if I didn't understand then, I certainly do now.  I cannot possibly imagine getting pregnant so soon after giving birth.  My mom is pretty amazing.

2 comments:

  1. AHH! He is too cute, Carlee! What a sweet post. Thank you for posting it. That picture, what a handsome little man. I'm so glad that motherhood is getting a tiny bit easier. I feel like I'm drowning, just drowning, every day. It's so worth it though! I love babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this picture - except that it shows just how fast he's growing up! I can't believe that he's sitting up and looking at his books. What a wonder! "The days are long, but the years are short" (Gretchen Rubin) has become one of my favorite sayings. Thanks for the picture!

    ReplyDelete