Saturday, September 27, 2014

Happy Anniversary

Tim and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary on Wednesday.  We decided to take a quick trip up to Salt Lake City and go see the Capitol building.  I got this idea on Pinterest (the first one), and thought it might be fun to attach pictures of us (with lovey dovey quotes on the back) to balloons.  It was a total flop, since four of the balloons didn't have enough helium to hold the pictures, and two popped while tying them together.  Oh well.
 Nailed It.
 We stopped at City Creek first and ate at the Cheesecake Factory.  Since Bridger doesn't believe in sitting for more than three minutes, we took turns chasing him, while the other ate our meal.  So much for a relaxing romantic dinner.  
 The Capitol Building didn't disappoint.  It had been about 15 years since I was there - it was beautiful.  We walked around the grounds and let Bridger off his leash (if only we had one).  The inside was incredible too.  From a window at the top floor, you can see State Street going down for miles.  The weather could not have been more perfect - didn't need jackets and it wasn't too hot.  The only downside of the night was the nasty bite on Tim's shoulder - Bridger bit right through the skin.  I wish he could have just said, "Mom, I don't want a picture right now."  Luckily, Tim played it very cool and didn't throw him five feet.  I really love this man I married.  He is my best friend and is the best dad.  I'm looking forward to another four years.

2 comments:

  1. I like your balloons better than the one on pinterest! What an amazing wife you are. I should be more like you. I love that you visited the capitol building. I've never been, it looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your balloons look way more fun than the "model" one! I bet Tim loved it! I've never been inside the capital. That lawn out front looks perfect for Bridger. It gave you a minute to take a selfie without him being able to run too far away! Happy Anniversary. I remember that day well! We're so happy you're part of our family.

    ReplyDelete