Saturday, September 27, 2014

Crib

For my first pregnancy, we spent all our money on a stroller and didn't have any left for a crib.  In my defense, our stroller is an awesome machine and we use it everyday, usually multiple times a day.  Luckily, my aunt gave us her used pack-and-play, so Bridger slept in that his first two years.  For this  pregnancy, Tim's parents bought us a crib.  We ordered it online and I was counting down the days until it finally arrived.  Tim and I had so much fun putting it together - I was super giddy the entire time.  We made it into a toddler bed, so Bridger has something to sleep in until we move to St George - then the baby can use it.  Win win situation (except the whole transition part...that's been tricky.)
I have 10 more weeks until #2 arrives and yes, I am excited to meet this new personality growing inside me, but I am probably more scared.  I know some mom's really get into the  new infant stage, but I did not.  In fact, I really hated it.  I hated recovering from childbirth, not being able to leave the house, being fat instead of pregnant, nursing, constant crying (from us both), and worst of all...little to no sleep.  This time, on top of all of that, I get a very headstrong toddler who is really into biting and hitting right now.  I just have to remember that most mothers go through this, new babies will grow, and there is always medication.
He hiked to the top of the Y all by himself.  He really is made of strong stuff.
 
He wanted to carry the garbage to the dumpster without any help.  It took about 15 minutes to get all 10 steps over there, but he did it.
 Will not sleep without his blankee.

1 comment:

  1. Carlee! I love this. Bridger is getting so very big, I miss that boy! I totally agree about the newborn phase, not my fave... but you are going to do awesome! Can't believe your baby is going to be here so soon!!! AHHHH!!!!!

    ReplyDelete