Thursday, February 6, 2014

Movie Watching

Lately, I've been feeling like a bad mom.  Bridger has gotten into the movie-watching phase and I can't decide if its bad or good.  I feel bad letting him watch movies for 4 hours out of the day and I feel good not having to chase him around for 4 hours out of the day.  Its strange because I think, oh now I can get something done while he's watching a movie - I don't get anything done.  In fact, its 2:30 and I have yet to get in the shower.  What is wrong with me?  I've been feeling like it might be time to start thinking about another baby, but every time I do, I get panicked and realize that if I can't do much with one, how could I accomplish anything with two?  I wish I were more patient, outgoing, kind, happy, etc.  Can I become those things before number two rolls along?  I have serious doubts.  For now, I am incredibly grateful for my crazy wild man, Bridger and for my absolutely amazing, patient, beautiful husband.
 
I think this is the part when all the animals come and see Simba for the first time.  He's saying, "Mom, get out of the way."


3 comments:

  1. What a cutie! He looks so intense watching his show.

    All mom's have "I'm a bad mom" moments. I'm pretty sure my kids have to much media as well. No one is perfect and it is all about finding a balance that can make your home a happy home.

    As to having another baby. I don't think you'll ever feel that you are absolutely perfect with enough patience etc. You will find, however, that even with 2 kids (or 3 or 4) you still manage to find time to get things done. For me it was almost easier with 2 because they played with each other and kept each other entertained when I needed to do things. That being said don't have another child because you think "Bridger's getting old enough" or "there's been so much time I better think about having another baby." Have another baby because you want another baby. Have another baby because you and Tim are ready for another member to join your little family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa that is such good advice. Thanks! Talk about a good sister inlaw!

      Delete
  2. I love this post. Don't feel too bad about having him watch shows. They are a staple at our house. You are a great mom and so patient and loving with your cute son. He is a lucky kid.

    ReplyDelete