Friday, September 21, 2012

Tim

I am living with the best man...period.  A few nights ago, Tim got home from school and I had a come-apart with all the trimmings - tears, groans, and crazy talk.  Tim gently took Bridger (smart move) and told me to get out of the house while he and Bridger had some bonding time.  I left reluctantly, knowing that Tim had a ton of homework, but I had to get OUT OF THE HOUSE.  I ran to the grocery store and cleaned myself up (emotionally and mentally).  When I got back, Tim had finished the laundry, changed the sheets on our bed, picked up the house AND had gotten Bridger to sleep.  I really don't know how he accomplished so much while I was out.  He then made me go to sleep early and took the midnight feeding.  I almost wish I could say that this was unusual behavior from my husband, but he is pretty much like this all the time.  I feel like I can never repay him for all he does for me and our family.  Tim is the best thing in my life and I am more grateful for him than words can express.
When Bridger is upset, the only thing that works is rocking him while he is in a sitting position.  Weird, I know.

4 comments:

  1. sweet sweet husband, i'm so glad you are so grateful for him. he really is the best. you'll be feeling much better soon, i'm sure. the first weeks and months are always the very hardest. not that i know exactly what you're going through, my first babies didn't nurse and both of them slept through the night very early. keep on keepin' on. you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your thoughts...and pictures. the one of Tim on the floor reminds me so much of Tony. He always studied liked that. He is so much like his Father.
    Hope things are getting better. Time goes by so fast Bridger will be going to school
    before you know. Loves to all Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful things to hear about my wonderful brother, but truth be told... I know he feels even more lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tell Tim that learning the material by sleeping on the books rarely works. I've seen law students try it before. We're so very proud of both of you. Life is good when both people think they're married to the best person in the world! We can't wait to see you all again.

    ReplyDelete