Thursday, November 17, 2011

Workin' Woman

I get up to the sound of Tim's automated alarm this morning. "Get up Carlee and Tim.  It is time to conquer the day.  The weather outside is..."  After cuddling with my husband for what seems like another 5 minutes - shoot, make that 20, I rush to the closet, throw on a skirt and one of my many (many) cardigans and run to the bathroom.  I mutter complaints as I splotch on my make-up (I really hate wearing make-up every single day - why do I feel its such a necessity?  Is that a zit?  Ok...), and sit down for my morning bowl of Bran - hey, it works. After giving eachother pep talks and telling eachother how cute we look (if you saw Tim, you would think he looked pretty cute too), we turn off the lights, lock the door and head out into the cold morning darkness.  I kiss Tim goodbye, he tells me to be safe and we get into our freezing cold cars.  As I drive to work, my mind becomes focused on all the things I have to do today.  I get excited to see my favorite students and gear up to see my not-so-favorite students.  Do I need to make those copies? Will that teacher stop by for his daily chat and how can I get rid of her?  Mostly though, I get an overwhelming sense of purpose.  I love working because I see that it makes my life full...full of purpose, accomplishment, security, and well-being.  I am so thankful that I have the opportunity to be a workin' woman!

1 comment:

  1. Love it, Car! You fill such a valuable role there. Those kids and teachers are so lucky to have you there! (and p.s. there are some regular visitors in my classroom that I dreaded. I hear ya there!!)

    ReplyDelete