Sunday, April 30, 2017

Jack is 3 months old and more updates

I woke up at 4:30 this morning to the sound of Jack in the other room talking, singing, "gaga"-ing to himself.  My baby is 3 months old this week and I am thrilled.  Granted, I wish it was six, but I'll take three.  Jack is getting SO CUTE!  It's a good thing, because I've never seen/heard a baby cry as much as him.  He still suffers with colic, or whatever it is.

  • When he's not crying, he is all smiles.  Jack loves to jabber.  He goes on and on - likes he's having a full on conversation with you.
  • One way to calm Jack is to change his diaper.  He might be my flower child - that boy loves to be naked.
  • He still wakes up every three hours in the night to eat.  I want to stop nursing, but it is too convenient.  I can't imagine having to get up 2-3x in the middle of the night and prepare a bottle (downstairs).
I was out with some girl friends the other night and they were chatting about how much they loved brand new babies and the infant stage.  I had nothing positive to contribute to the topic, because I really only start liking my kids once they are OUT of the infant stage.  I may need to adjust my attitude, another of my many goals.


Ty turned two in December.  He's had a rough transition with the arrival of a new baby, and he has also been sick, pretty much since November.  I hate the cold/flu season - and when Ty sucks his fingers like he's on the brink of starvation, he's bound to pick up every germ out there.  However, he is still our sweet boy.
  • He is really into sword fighting.  He even knows how to pretend to die.  Every night, when Tim walks through the door after work, Ty grabs the extra sword and puts it in Tim's hand.  
  • He is a major tease and loves to get under Bridger's skin.  He knocks over Bridger's blocks, takes his crayons, punches him in the face, and throws his toys all around the house.
  • However, he gives the sweetest hugs and kisses.  He can't stand to see anyone sad (unless he is the originator), and will do anything to make it all better.
  • Ty loves LOVES being outside.  Going to walks is his favorite thing.
  • He sleeps like a champ and still naps two hours every day, hallelujah.
Bridger has been in preschool since September and has learned so much.
  • He is really into coloring, drawing, and writing right now.  He goes through paper at a very expensive rate.  The other day, he gave me a picture he had drawn with every number and letter he knew. and told me to "send the envelope to dad for his birthday."
  • He has also started the dreaded potty-talk and talking back.  He thinks it is hilarious to use the word "poop" in any sentence and tries to use it in every sentence.  We are discouraging this, but there's only so much you can do with a 4 yr old's sense of humor.
  • He is an incredible big brother.  Though he loves to tease Ty, he never retaliates when Ty knocks him over the head or punches him in the face.  He is so helpful, always running to get diapers, paper towels, or whatever I need.  
  • He is still sleeping in our room, but that is all about to change, because...
We are building a new home!  Tim signed the contract yesterday and we are so excited.  We found a great little lot in a cul-de-sac, right next to a park out in Little Valley.  I am a bit panicked about the financial responsibility of owning a home, but after much thought and prayer, we are moving forward despite the apprehension.  It is a simple tract home, so it should be done by June.  I will finally have a backyard to get some relief from my crazy energetic children.

Tim and I feel truly blessed at this time in our lives.  No, it is not our easiest stage of life, but I am so happy with the most perfect man beside me, and the cutest little hooligans running around.  I know Heavenly Father has been guiding our path and is incredibly mindful of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment