Monday, June 6, 2016

18 Weeks Pregnant

That is right.  I am pregnant....again.  Even before we conceived, I was absolutely positive this baby was going to be a girl.  We had all the girl names picked out - Hazel if she was blond, and Bonnie if she was a redhead (and of course, Faye for both middle names).  I shopped for darling dresses, and already started worrying about how she would deal with nystagmus.  At 16 weeks, I picked Tim up from work and we headed to the ultrasound with the boys.
 
As we were looking at the moving baby on the screen, I spotted it even before the technician gave the verdict:

A boy.  Another wild, rambunctious, energetic boy.  I wish I had handled the news a little better.  I cried off and on most of the day, and was still somewhat despondent the next day.  Tim, who has wanted a little girl from the get-go, was actually excited about a third boy.  He now has his basketball team, father&sons will be a party, and he gave me a bunch of other plus' that I can't remember.  I am slowly getting more comfortable with the idea of another boy.  I just keep saying over and over to myself "I can handle it.  I can handle it.  Please let me be able to handle it."  I think what helps the most is knowing that Tim was the third boy in his family, and he is a winner through and through.


No comments:

Post a Comment