Sunday, October 27, 2013

Bridger's Milestones

I feel like I should write down a few things about Bridger boy, so that in the future when he asks, "Mom, what was I like as a baby," I can give him a few fun facts:
1 - You started walking at 10 months
2 - Your first word (besides mom and dad) was dog and for at least a month, everything was dog, dog, dog.
3 - You started sleeping 10-12 hours after you turned one...finally.  We put you in your own room at two months because you were such a noisy sleeper (toots, moans, groans, etc)
4 - You were (are) the most active little boy I've ever seen.  You run and run and love being outside more than just about anything.
5 - You started teething around 9 months and you are getting your first molar now..at 14 months.
6 - Bath time is your favorite.  You swing your legs over the tub before you are even undressed.
7 - Up until about 8 months, we carried you around in a bjorn.  When you saw us strap it on, you would cry because you were so excited to be carried.  Just the other day, you found it behind the toys and dragged it to me, wanting me to put you in it.
9 - Your favorite song, since you were three months old, is Beauty and the Beast's, "Tale as Old As Time."  Even when you are screaming in the car, you calm down in a split second when we turn on that song.
10 - You eat just about anything, but when you decide you don't want anymore, you put your hand in your mouth, and throw the food out - its a mess.  You really like sweet food, like fruit, cookies, ice cream, etc.  You love yogurt, but lately you only want it if I let you hold the spoon so that you can feed yourself.  When we go for walks, I give you food pouches in your stroller. When you are finished, you throw the pouches out of the stroller without even a thought.  You don't hold them or put them by your feet, you just toss them on the ground.  It is hilarious.
11 - You LOVE books.  Sometimes, I will turn around and catch you reading to yourself.  Mostly though, you push a book on my lap and whine until I start reading.  You like to read the same books over and over and over again.  Your favorite books are The Eye Book and the ABC Book, by Dr Seuss, Brown Bear, by Eric Carle, and I Love You Through And Through, by....I can't remember.
Bridger, you are the light in our family.  You are really shy, but have boundless energy.  Your dad and I are totally and completely in love with you and are so grateful you could be part of our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment