Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I Love the Sun!

I attended my first education conference last week in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona!  I lived in Gilbert until I was eight so I tried to make a short walk down memory lane before we headed back to St.George.
We picked oranges....and bought a few boxes.  Arizona oranges are amazing!
We ate a lot of Mexican food....I'm still recovering...
I found my dad's old building where he worked all those years ago.  I thought I might have a few memories to bring back the nostalgia; I was disappointed.  The memories were so faint it was more like a familiar scent that came to mind rather than an actual picture.
And of course, I sat in classes most of the days and learned about how to become a better teacher (which is why the trip was free)!  I had a great time but missed my husband terribly!  We hadn't been apart since our wedding! You would think after being married five months, life would settle down and time away from each other would be a nice little break.  The nice little break came when I made it back home.

2 comments:

  1. Carlee! Sooo sometimes- I click on other people's links on the side of their blog... and I found yours through a long chain of old "Panthera's" blogs. I hope you don't mind if I follow! You and your husband are so cute and look like you have SO much fun together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you take good pictures, girl! I'm glad you could go to the conference, but I'm also glad that you're home again. Tim was starting to sound lonely! See you SOON!

    ReplyDelete